The 2016 commemoration of the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at the Georgia Institute of Technology encompasses an ambitious slate of events organized by faculty, staff, and students. The weeklong activities during our Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration include various educational programs and service opportunities to encourage active participation by the campus and nearby community.
As we celebrate the life of Julian Bond, who gave the 2015 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Lecture at Georgia Tech, we strive to continue his legacy of social advocacy that mirrored the ideology of Dr. King at this year’s commemoration.
Georgia Tech is an academic institution that is dedicated to inclusive excellence, and through our celebration week, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Julian Bond serve as inspirations for us all in support of an ongoing global struggle for social justice, social courage, and sustainable social change. We are pleased to honor their lives and work and to acknowledge that the journey continues.
MLK Celebration Events
To view the full listing of MLK Celebration events, click here.
- Chris Burke, Co-Chair, Government and Community Relations
- Archie Ervin, Co-Chair, Institute Diversity
- Kim Harrington, Co-Chair, Student Center
- Stephanie Ray, Co-Chair, Student Life
- Jacqueline Royster, Co-Chair, Ivan Allen College
- Jennifer Abrams, Student Representative
- Sirocus Barnes, CEISMC
- Felicia Benton-Johnson, College of Engineering
- Alex Berry, Student Representative
- Jorge Breton, Office of Hispanic Initiatives
- Madison Cario, Ferst Center for the Arts
- Tionna Carthon, Institute Communications
- Sandra Duplessis, Institute Diversity
- Annette Filliat, Institute Diversity
- Barbara Harrison, Director of External Affairs, King Center
- Milton James, Student Representative
- S. Gordon Moore, Jr., Institute Diversity
- Nagela Nukuna, Student Representative
- Sarah Perkins, Dean of Students
- Ashley Riggs, Institute Diversity
- Bill Winders, History, Technology, and Society
- Institute Diversity
- Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts
- Office of Government and Community Relations
- Office of Student Diversity Programs
- Student Center
- Student Government Association