Jilda Diehl Garton is vice president for Research at Georgia Tech and serves as the general manager of Georgia Tech’s research corporations, 501(c)(3) organizations that support Georgia Tech as contracting entities, and through assignment of intellectual property developed at Georgia Tech.
This session will help to answer:
- What is Tech Transfer, how does it work, and what are some successful examples?
- What is the Bayh-Dole Act?
- What are GTRC and GTARC?
- What are some of the metrics Georgia Tech uses to understand its performance in intellectual property affairs?
- What are some of the ways ideas and intellectual property from Georgia Tech benefit the public and the U.S. economy?
- How do patents, copyrights, trademarks, and other legal mechanisms apply to Georgia Tech’s portfolio of intellectual property?
Register for this event at http://advance.gatech.edu/intellectual-property-georgia-tech-paths-discoveries-make-difference-registration.